This week’s VC5 progress primarily involved rewriting the CLIF-style debug dumps using Intel’s gen_decode.c code. Instead of code-generating a bunch of C functions that print out a struct’s contents, I now have a little bit of C code that parses a compressed version of the XML at runtime to pick apart the struct and dump it. I’ve implemented this on VC4 and VC5, and started the Android build debugging process for it.
I also finished fixing the regressions from my VC5 QIR redesign. We now operate on just QPU instructions with sideband information for register allocation, instead of a higher-level IR (that’s what NIR is for).
For Raspbian performance, I’ve been talking with keithp and others about my window-dragging performance issue. My current plan is to implement a little GL extension that gives glBlitFramebuffer() defined behavior for 1:1 overlapping copies, and then use that from X11 to avoid the temporary. That should cut the cost of the window movement in half (not counting the cost of the drawing caused by the expose events).
On the KMS front, I’ve fixed a regression in dual-display support from my previous tiling work. In the process, I’ve also written a fix for panning, which was broken even before the tiling work. I’ve pushed a fix from Boris for a warning on CRTC enable. I’ve also worked on handling the review feedback from the last DSI series, and started on review of Hans’s VC4 CEC support.