After the Raspberry Pi visit, I had a week off to wander around the UK with my partner, and now I’m back.
First, I got to fix regressions in Mesa master on both vc4 and vc5. (Oh, how I wish for non-vendor-specific CI of this project). I also wrote 17 patches to fix various compiler warnings that were driving me nuts.
I refactored my VC4 YUV GL import support, and pulled out the basic copying of the incoming linear data into tiled for the 3D engine to use. This is a CPU-side copy, so it’s really slow due to the uncached read, but it means that you can now import YUV textures using EGL_image_external on Mesa master. Hopefully this can enable Kodi devs to start playing with this on their KMS build.
I’ve also rewritten the hardware-accelerated YUV blit code to hopefully be mergeable. Now I just need to stabilize it.
In VC5 land, I’ve tested and pushed a couple of new fixes to enable 3D textures.
On the kernel side, I’ve merged a bunch of DT and defconfig patches for Pi platform enabling, and sent them upstream. In particular I want to call out Baruch Siach’s firmware GPIO expander patch series, which took several revisions to get accepted (sigh, DT), but will let us do proper Pi3 HDMI hotplug detection and BT power management. Boris’s merged patch to forward-port my I2C fix also apparently fixes some EDID detection on HDMI monitors, which will be good news for people trying to switch to KMS.