On the vc4 front, I did the investigation of the HDL to determine that the OLED matrix applies before the gamma tables, so we can expose it in the DRM for Android’s color correction. Stefan was also interested in reworking his fencing patches to use syncobjs, so hopefully we can merge those and get DRM HWC support in mainline soon.
I also took a look at a warning we’re seeing when a cursor with a nonzero hotspot goes to the upper left corner of the screen – unfortunately, fixing it properly looks like it’ll be a bit of a rework.
I finally took a moment to port over an etnaviv change to remove the need for a DRM subsystem node in the DT. This was a request from Rob Herring long ago, but etnaviv’s change finally made it clear what we should be doing instead.
For vc5, I stabilized the GPU scheduler work and pushed it to my main branch. I’ve now started working on using the GMP to isolate clients from each other (important for being able to have unprivileged GPU workloads running alongside X, and also for making sure that say, some misbehaving webgl doesn’t trash your X server’s other window contents). Hopefully once this security issue is resolved, I can (finally!) propose merging it to the kernel.